Thursday, November 14, 2013

Need to Know Board (Experiment 1)

What I Know: 

I do not know very much about circuits and electrical engineering, however, I think I might know a few things about electricity. I think that electricity is a form of energy where charged particles are emitted or present. I think that conductors allow for electrical current to travel and that insulators do not. I think I know that many metals, such as pure copper are really good conductors. I also know that rubber is a good insulator.

Questions:

I will need to answer several questions and solve a number of problems such as:

  • What is a circuit? 
  • How do circuits work?
  • What are the different types of circuits, and how does one build them?
  • What are the parts of a circuit? 
  • What is ohm's law?
  • What is total electrical power and how may it be reduced? 

Explore: 

I think that I will need to explore how electricity works and what exactly electricity is. I will also need to explore the basics of electrical engineering (ie: circuits and wiring) as well as search for the answers of the above questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment